Create a USB recovery drive for Windows
Create a recovery drive to troubleshoot and fix problems that may occur with Windows. An empty USB flash drive with a minimum capacity of 16 GB is required to create the recovery drive.
- NOTE: This process may take up to an hour to complete.
- NOTE: The following steps may vary depending on the version of Windows installed. Refer to theMicrosoft support site for latest instructions.
- Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
- In Windows search, type Recovery.
- In the search results, click Create a recovery drive. The User Account Control window is displayed.
- Click Yes to continue. The Recovery Drive window is displayed.
- Select Back up system files to the recovery drive and click Next.
- Select the USB flash drive and click Next. A message appears, indicating that all data in the USB flash drive will be deleted.
- Click Create.
- Click Finish. For more information about reinstalling Windows using the USB recovery drive, see the
DELL XPS 15 9570 Laptop Windows 10 Drivers download